Friday 2nd February 2018
The Information Commissioner's Office has published more information and resources to help companies prepare for GDPR.
- Getting ready for GDPR - a non-legal tool to assist in the creation of an inventory of personal data processed, map the processing of personal data and analyse the legal basis of the processing
- ICO's Guide to the GDPR has been updated to include additional guidance about the public task lwaful basis and documentation of processing activities
- They have also launched FAQs designed to help small businesses
- GDPR myth busing blog posts
- ... and I am sure there is more available on their website
- 10 operational responses to GDPR from IAPP
- Article on the value of and responsibility for personal data by Rosie Picton and Kourosh Newman-Zand from Axis-Mundi
- Blog pulling together various GDPR resources
They are also working on some 'resources' which will help organisations' efforts to reach their customers and service users about changes brought about by GDPR. It is not clear what these resources will be, but they are hoping to have them ready by the beginning of March - we will update you on these as they are published.
Other resources include:
- The extremely useful Future Learn course - which we published last year and which they are now rerunning...
- Marketing Week 'setting the scene' webinar - If you register with Marketing Week you can watch the replay
- Marketing Week webinar tackling the specific topic of legitimate interest
- ICO guidance on legitimate Interest
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GDPRforonlineentrepreneurs/ - It is being run by someone who used to work in Richard Branson's legal team. It is aimed mainly at online businesses and entrepreneurs, but a lot of the principles apply to companies like ours, as they are small businesses and consultancies. Suzanne posts a video every day, answers questions on the site and has templates and advice available to purchase
- GDPR notice from Research Now - see download on the right