Monday 19th February 2018
What should be included in a technical report? Here we have an overview of the types of information, and some examples that you may wish to follow...
- Introduction, including overview and objectives of the research (in brief) and glossary/nomencalture/ acronyms used in the report as well as who conducted the work. Purpose of this report (i.e. a technical report) with relevant signpositng to related reports (i.e. the findings)
- Questionnaire/ discussion guide design, development and piloting
- Sampling design and proceedure - including the sample frame and design, quotas etc
- Data collection - timetable, method employed, dates and deadlines
- Response rates (where relevant)
- data processing, editing and validation - including rounding and estimation protocols etc. and any other statisitcal techniques used (weighting, standard errors etc)
- Strengths/ limitations of the survey
- Report authors/ further information contact details
- Appendices - often include copies of research materials, such as recruitment questionnaires, discussion guide/ questionnaires, stimulus
Examples of technical reports
Many thanks to Liz Montgomery for this research.