Monday 25th June 2018
A question on the egroup generated many ideas as to potenital creative screening questions and we have amalagamated responses below...
- The questions around the 'creative' questions are also important to guage whether someone fits the bill. You might want to think about including;
- Various statments about an individual and ask them an agree/disagree scale. Statements could include ideas like 'I am experimental and up for new challenges/ experiences', 'try new products', 'confident and not afraid to express my opinion', 'enjoy craft or customising clothes/ furniture/ products', 'creative with an active interest in music, art, design' etc.
- List of hobbies that are generally associated with creativity and see which they do (play in instrument, act, write music, drawing/ painting, photography, writing, completing puzzle games, clothes making etc)
- a 'how would people describe you' question, with options including the more creative descriptions - e.g. experimental, inquisitive, open minded, team worker, creative, adventurous, opinionated, chatty, vibrant etc. You may wish to contrast these with the opposites - reserved, timid, quiet, shy, follow the crowd etc.
- If you are phone recruiting for an Online Bulletin Board, include a written creative as well (and vice versa if you’re screening online for an in person group) - people who are creative when speaking may not be able to write creatively (and vice versa!)
- You could use a "complete the image" or "complete the sentence" kind of approach depending on how long you have to administer screening questions, and by what channel.
- Complete the image: give people some random shapes and lines and ask them to complete the drawing. You are looking for creative interpretation so if someone just draws a dartboard where there is a circle that's not too creative, but if someone turns a circle into a flying saucer complete with fancy plants it would be
- Complete the sentence: more stereotypical but could be more focused on the topic you are researching or be much more open
- If you were paid to develop an app that could improve the quality of your life, what type of app would you develop and why?
- If you were to design your own Canadian flag, what would it look like and why?
- If you could invite three people from history to dinner/an evening of drinks, who would you invite and why?
- What are 10 things that you can do with a paper clip/ coat hanger/ house brick/ drinking straw
- What are 10 ways to describe a peach?
- Imagine you were chosen to be on the cover of lifestyle magazine. What would your cover story be? What would you be most excited to share about your life? And what is ONE thing you would NOT include in your story?
- Imagine there was a game called ‘Cutting Edge’, whether or not one actually exists. How would you describe this game to a new player? What are the rules? How do you win?
- What would be the first thing you would do, if you had just won one million dollars?
- If you were a book in a library, what book would you be and WHY?
- If you could invent a totally new car, what features would it have?
- What would be your perfect vacation and why?
- Imagine you could create a national holiday - what would you be celebrating and why?