CV19 – You are not alone
This page is dedicated to CV19 news – a place where you will be able to find useful help, comments and resources from across the website to help you through this crisis.
The idea is to bring together the collective news, experience and views of the ICG community – helping each other to get through the next few months. The page includes both practical and emotional advice, as well as serious news and ‘light relief’.
If you have any ideas for the page, or wish to contribute please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Running your business
Resources to help keep your business going
- Government guidance for those self employed workers
- MRBA offer Covid-19 help for those who are in financial difficulties – click here for information and contact details
- Bounce back loans – help & income support for small businesses
- HMRC webinar on the Job Retention scheme inc. furlough, eligibility, rules and claiming – also available on YouTube
- Forum – Government help and advice
- Forum – Discounted services for members including CV-19 freebies and discounts
- “I am a Founder” newsletter at www.ignition.financial/covid for free SME financial advice and support
- GDPR and working from home – infographic
- Event – Managing cash and the UK business interruption scheme
- Avoid scams – we are seeing new types of scam activity – the FCA has a page of the latest scams together with advice and help
- A collection of free research tools that you can use during the crisis
Learning new skills
Old dog, new tricks – never have researchers needed to be more adaptable.
Here is a list of learning resources to help you update skills or learn new ones
What effect will Covid-19 have on how we work, think and behave?
- One hour debate about UK society and well being post Covid-19 from ProBono economics
- ICG Members’ views – Keith Meadows and Peter Martin have produced a report based on research among members on the long term impact of CV-19
- These findings are echoed in a recently published MRS survey as well as this report from Research Live
- ONS blog about the impact of Covid-19 on mortality and life under lockdown
- What Covid habits will remain – a survey by ICG member Helen Nuki
- Research study from ICG member, Giovanna Grillo looking at how Italians are coping with CV-19 – full report here .
- How the UK public is responding to Covid-19 – a summary of research by Dan Young
- Innovation and Interconnection – Gailynn Nicks’ blog on how this crisis is creating an environment in which innovation can thrive
- Keeping track of attitudes – compilation of research trackers/ studies that look to understand consumer attitudes and behaviours during the pandemic
- A collection of links to research projects about Covid-19
A collation of the interesting, funny and surprising to try and bring a smile to your face.
- A synopsis of poems and ditties from our resident poet, Nanda Marchant
Wellbeing and keeping busy
The ICG community is a diverse group of people, with different skills, interests and hobbies.
This is a space where members can share their ideas and inspirations, teach people new skills or simply make connections or have a conversation with people who are in a similar ‘place’.