Friday 5th July 2019
A one day workshop with ICG member Dr Keith Meadows
This one-day workshop has been generously hosted by Perspective Research Services, a data collection specialist agency with 22yrs experience offering International CATI, nationwide Face-to-Face, Qualitative Services, Holborn Focus studios and Mystery Shopping.
Questionnaires are one of the most common methods to collect research data. However, asking badly worded questions or the wrong questions – or too many of them – are the main reasons why surveys fail.
Developed for researchers with little or no experience in questionnaire design, this one-day workshop will present the key principles – and how to avoid the numerous pitfalls –of designing a successful questionnaire.
The workshop will be a combination of presentations and hands-on sessions covering:
- How respondents answer survey questions
- The questionnaire design process
- How to ask survey questions (e.g. wording, bias, question length, layout etc.)
- Choosing the correct question type (open and closed)
- Which rating scale to use
- Keeping participants engaged
- Pretesting and piloting the questionnaire.
At the end of the day you will be:
- familiar with questionnaire design good practice and develop an effective questionnaire
- aware of the range of question types including their strengths and weaknesses
- able to identify weaknesses in question wording and structure
- able to structure a questionnaire to minimise order bias and create a good flow
- aware of the importance of the different design requirements for hard copy and digital
- able to apply techniques to increase participant engagement and data quality.
Participants may bring their own questionnaires as examples to work with as part of the practical sessions.
Cost: £75 per person
Date: Friday 5th July 2019
Time: 10.00 – 16.00
Location: Holborn Focus, Fifth Floor, Kingsbourne House, 229-231 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7DA