Do you run an independent research business? Would you like to showcase your experience and raise your profile in the industry? Why not enter the 2018 MRS/ICG Independents' Day Award?
Part of the annual MRS Excellence Awards, this annual award celebrates researchers who choose to work as micro-businesses. It is free to enter and is open to all independent researchers who are members of either the MRS or ICG and employ no more than three full time staff. It is designed to recognise the contribution of researchers working as independents and will be awarded to the researcher who demonstrates:
- Excellence in the delivery of research projects
- Development or application of novel research methods or
- Contribution to a client's business success.
The winner will be announced at the annual MRS awards party in December, attended by over 850 of our sector's leaders and research buyers.
Independents work across the breadth of the industry and this is an opportunity to show case the excellent work that we do. The award is designed to encourage entries from as many independents as possible.
The timetable for the 2018 awards is as follows:
- 8th May - Open for entries
- 2nd July - Deadline for entries
- Early October - Finalists announced
- 3rd December - Winners announced at MRS Awards Dinner.
What the judges are looking for
Whatever your skill set, we hope you'll find a way to show how you've made an impact. Examples of possible submissions include (but are not limited to) case studies, providing original comment on technical or topical issues and developing best practice methodologies. When judging entries, we are looking for:
- Excellence when using established methodologies and techniques
- Innovation, originality and relevance when using novel methodologies and techniques
- Intelligence and expertise used in responding to a client's business issue
- The contribution that the independent market researcher makes to the success of a client's business
The 2016 Finalists' Stories - discover the stories behind the four shortlisted entries
The 2017 Winner and other Finalists' Stories - discover the stories behind all the shortlisted entries
For more information, or if you have questions, you can also contact Arthur Fletcher