-Research and evaluation project design and management -Evauation and research training and consultancy -Questionnaire/ discussion guide development -Data analysis and reporting
- Visitor experience: Evaluation of informal learning through visitor experience in museums, with evaluation of formal learning and education experiences for children and adults. We have developed tools for understanding visitor experience at events through the use of self-collected data using video and photos
- Events: The evaluation of events and festivals where there is a focus on public engagement and widening participation through delivering content that inspires, educates and entertains
- UK Media: Assessment of media based educational campaigns including UK multimedia campaigns involving TV, radio, Internet as well as non-broadcast activities such as exhibitions and outreach work in schools, libraries, galleries, attractions and museums
- International Media: Measurement research of TV and radio audiences alongside programme development research and training in South Asia and Africa
- International Development: Working for Government and Non-Government development organisations to evaluate capacity building and communications programmes in conflict and crisis areas
Hugh is a certified member of the Market Research Society and the Association for Qualitative Research and has worked in the research field since 1983. With a first degree in politics and an MPhil in Marketing and Business Management he has previously worked for Oxfam, the BBC and Plus Four Market Research
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Government, social research, education
- Advertising & Media
- Entertainment, leisure & travel
- Charities & Not-for-profit
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
What regions within the UK do you cover?
- London/South East England
- English Midlands
- Northern England
- South West England
- N. Ireland
Which international regions do you cover?
- India/Pakistan/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka
- Eastern Europe
Where are your offices in the UK?
- South West England