I'm an independent research consultant with over 20 years experience as a research buyer, user and practitioner, having worked both agency and clientside. I like to bring research to life, obtaining deep insights that help companies in their decision-making, rather than providing thick dusty reports.
I focus on qualitative research, conducting focus groups, workshops, depths, teledepths, and ethnographic style interviews. I have particular expertise in:
- Shopper/FMCG - consumer studies for brands such as Walls, Nestle, Ferrero, Kinder, Kraft, Unilever, SAB Miller, J&J, Sainsbury's, SC Johnson and Kerry Foods among others, both in-store, (using eyetracking where relevant) and in-home
- Finance - another area of deep expertise. I've handled projects for most of the blue chip names such as HSBC, HBOS, Tesco Bank, Lloyds, Standard Life, Zurich, Avelo, CII, FCA, etc, interviewing consumers, business owners, HNWIs and IFAs
- Public sector - many projects for the likes of OFT, DWP, UKPS, HMRC. NAO, LGO, Carbon Trust and Cambridge Council
I've covered a myriad of other topics from chocolate refining to alzheimers. The trick is to ask the right questions, in the right way, at the right time, and to interpret the answers skilfully.
I am also one of only a few UK consultants trained in ZMET, a deep dive qualitative research technique pioneered by Gerald Zaltman of Harvard Business School, aimed at going beyond what people say to gather deeper insights into what they really mean. Offered via projects for BDRC Continental, the only agency licenced to offer this specialism in the UK.
I'm Midlands based, so Birmingham, Nottingham, Leicester, Coventry and Milton Keynes are all within easy reach, plus am happy to travel to London, Manchester and further as required, and have also conducted several international studies. I speak excellent French and some Spanish.
I trained at a London research agency, followed by 7 years at Barclays Group in research, marketing and advertising roles, hence particular strength in financial projects. I have been a successful independent research consultant for over 15 years.
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Business to business
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
- Data Processing & Reporting
- Workshop facilitation
What regions within the UK do you cover?
- Northern England
- South West England
- London/South East England
- English Midlands
Which international regions do you cover?
- North America
- Western Europe
Apart from English, which languages do you speak fluently?
Where are your offices in the UK?
- English Midlands