Counterpoint Research is a small, specialist, award winning ‘boutique’ qualitative agency. We have a reputation for excellence and flexibility, and we are very proud of the quality and depth of our analysis, as well as the breadth of our innovative and creative (online and traditional) research methods. We have long term relationships with all our clients, and strive to add value to everything we do.
We are particularly strong in the following fields :
- communications research, across a variety of sectors and including digital and new media;
- research amongst hard to reach populations, as well as the professionals and volunteers who support them;
- financial sector research - from high net worth individuals, to debt advice
- research amongst young people, including vulnerable young people, social networks and aspirations
- media research, including most channels and platforms
- research in the voluntary, charity and public sectors
For the last 10 years we have been at the leading edge of online qualitative and we are passionate about integrating the most appropriate approaches to achieve insightful, actionable, accessible results.
We're happy to take a fresh look at any issue, but our core strengths are in the fields of :
- education (with clients such as Dept of Education, Teachers TV, learndirect, Children's Workforce Development Council, TDA)
- social (we've worked with most government departments to support communication with their users)
- media (we've worked with most sections of the BBC including BBC online, TV, radio, campaigns, and their commercial wing)
- financial (for clients such as Halifax,the share centre, Clerical Medical, Charles Schwab, and Liverpool Victoria)
- NPD/ design, particularly in telecomms & consumer electronics (Intel, Alloy Design, Nortel, BT, Sony and NCR)
We were pioneers of online qualitative research in the UK, and now work extensively with social media and online insight communities.
Our toolkit of methods also includes immersion/ ethnography, expert analysis, customer journey mapping, creative workshops as well as the traditional focus groups and depths.
Established in 1991, Counterpoint Research has grown by providing clients with tailored research solutions to address their business needs whether they be for a major strategic review or fast turn-around tactical check, whether they are in public service context, or in a highly competitive business environment.
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Charities & Not-for-profit
- Government, social research, education
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
What regions within the UK do you cover?
- London/South East England
- N. Ireland
- South West England
- Northern England
- English Midlands
Which international regions do you cover?
- North America
- Western Europe
Where are your offices in the UK?
- London/South East England
Where are your offices outside the UK?