Through research and consultancy, I help organisations to improve their performance by better understanding their employees. Knowing about key issues such as what attracts people to an organisation, makes them want to stay and keeps them motivated, helps organisations to recruit, retain and get the best from employees.
Based in Berkshire, I offer a full service research consultancy operating across the UK, with expertise in qualitative and quantitative methodology, including:
- face to face interviews
- focus groups
- on-line and postal (experience of handling quantities up to 1,000)
- telephone depths
- Research: Project design and management, desk research, survey design and questionnaire testing, in-house transcription, data collection and analysis, report writing and presenting
- Implementation: Helping clients to take action on research recommendations
- Consultancy: HR management, including recruitment & executive search, training & development, employment law and mentoring
- Freelancer: Working with others to support their projects, for short or long term assignments (recently conducting consumer focus groups and analysing and reporting on the results, for a London agency)
Extensive experience in the public, private and not for profit sectors, the research I specialise in falls into 3 broad areas:
Using research to identify, better understand and present solutions to a variety of business scenarios including:
- business or department re-organisations
- poor employee performance, high staff turnover and employee apathy
- facilitating change programmes
- strategic reviews to develop company policy & direction
Evaluations across all sectors, projects have included examining the:
- results and performance of ongoing projects and programmes
- effectiveness and value for money of (Government) pilot programmes
- performance of people, a department, a strategy or even a company itself
Again, working across the public, private and not for profit sectors, this has included opinion, perception and satisfaction surveys of:
- trainees, eg, new deal participants and in-house trainees
With an emphasis on understanding people, encompassing employees and issues at work; skills and learning; the long term unemployed and the labour market, I established Evergreen in 1993 to offer high quality research and consultancy.
A Chartered Fellow of the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development) and the Chartered Management Institute and a member of the British Psychological Society and Association for Qualitative Research, I’m a commercially focussed senior manager, with over 25 years experience in personnel, human resources (HR) management, research & evaluation and project management. In addition, I’m an associate member of the BHBIA and have a Certificate of Competency for their Adverse Event and Legal and Ethical Guidelines training. Based in Berkshire, but operating across the UK, I’ve worked across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
Trained in both qualitative and quantitative techniques, I’ve built a reputation for working fast and efficiently and for delivering what I promise – on time and within budget – in a clear and insightful way. The work is handled sensitively and professionally with due care and respect for those participating in the research and I strive to make a difference by encouraging clients to use the research as a catalyst for change.
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Business to business
- Charities & Not-for-profit
- Industrial, manufacturing & logistics
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
- Recruitment and Fieldwork
- Workshop facilitation
- Data Processing & Reporting
- Specialist techniques
What regions within the UK do you cover?
- Northern England
- London/South East England
Which international regions do you cover?
- North America
Where are your offices in the UK?