I offer a high quality service to meet all needs - whether it be just one day's work or a full service - whether qualitative or quantitative research. You will find my rates very competitive, and I work closely with clients to agree on approaches which maximise outputs within limited budgets.
Although independent research is the ideal, I understand that this can be out of reach for some organisations. I therefore also offer training, and on-going support, to enable organisations to conduct their own research.
One or more/all of the following:
- Research design
- Analysis and interpretation
- Reporting writing (to publishable standard),
- Powerpoint presentation wirting and face to face delivery
- Provision of strategic recommendations
- Training in research methods.
- Discussion/focus groups
- Deliberative workshops
- Web usability groups
- One to one depth interviews (face to face or telephone)
- School/classroom observations.
(Recruitment subcontracted to trusted partner suppliers)
- Robust sampling techniques adopted (representative surveys)
- Small or large scale (experience managing sample sizes of 80,000+)
- Online, Telephone, Paper-based, Face to face
- Various statistical analysis techniques
- Training in quantitative methods.
(Fieldwork administration subcontracted to trusted partner supplier)
I specialise in conducting both qual and quant research in the Education and Employee/HR sectors. Sub-sector specialims include:
- Education curriculum/assessment
- Evaluations of educational programmes
- Concept development
- NPD: Feasibility studies/piloting/testing programmes and concept testing
- Attitudinal studies/tracking (including segmentation/cluster analysis)
- Workforce development/training needs
- Employee engagement
...with the following audiences:
- Children and young people (experience with those aged 5-21)
- Staff/teachers in primary, secondary, FE colleges and Universities
- Other education stakeholder organisations
- Other employers
Secondary specialisms (where experience also lies) include:
Public sector: Health, Arts, Environment, Crime
Private sector: Financial Services, Business NPD, Business customer satisfaction, Business start up/enterprise, Business2Business, Media, Housing, Property, Transport, Food/retail.
Two years as a secondary Maths teacher, followed by 12 years within the research industry (9 years overseeing/leading full service projects).
My experience directly relates to my services and specialities - I have previously managed research programmes for the following organisations:
- Education: DCSF, COI, TDA, NCSL, NAHT, QCA, LSC, Nesta, SSAT, pfeg, OCR, GL Assessment, Nelson Thornes, Sunderland University, North East FE Colleges
- Education/private sector CSR: Sainsbury's, Morrisons, E.ON, Wrigley, BSkyB, RBS
- Employee/HR: The Co-op Group, Associated Newspapers, TDA, COI, NCSL, NAHT
- Health Education: BHF, Food Standards Agency, DH
- Charities: Charity Commission, Macmillan, Comic Relief, BHF
- Arts/Culture: Arts Council, RSC, English National Opera, Birmingham Royal Ballet, Baltic centre for Contemporary Art, The Sage Gateshead
- Business: Identity and Passport Service, Business Links, ONE NorthEast, The Co-op Group, ICI, Newcastle Chronicle and Journal, Northern Counties Meat group, Nexus.
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Government, social research, education
- Business to business
- Charities & Not-for-profit
- Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
- Data Processing & Reporting
- Recruitment and Fieldwork
What regions within the UK do you cover?
- London/South East England
- English Midlands
- Northern England
Where are your offices in the UK?
- London/South East England