- Specialist researcher in all aspects of agriculture, agribusiness and related markets. I offer full project management support: from preparation of research proposals to full project direction, management & analysis with comprehensive written reports and personal presentations where required.
- Research methods include online and desk research, focus groups, F2F depth interviews, CATI, online and F2F surveys.
Extensive research experience of:
- farmers & growers
- non food land use and landowner activities
- agricultural distributors and merchants
- animal feed suppliers & nutritionists
- food processors, manufacturers and retailers
- land agents and auctioneers
- natural capital and environmental interests
- equine: commercial and leisure owners
I have over 25 years experience of market research in all aspects of agriculture, agribusiness and other associated land based industries. I've managed and directed projects worldwide but am now 95% UK based. The areas of agriculture and agribusiness in which I have research experience include:
- animal health & biotechnology
- precision farming technology
- animal feed & nutrition
- quality assurance and food supply chains
- primary food marketing
- farm machinery, equipment and spares
- natural capital
- small animal feed and vet products
- equestrian market research
Typical research projects include:
- new product development & positioning
- corporate and product awareness studies
- stakeholder surveys & research
- research of purchasing behaviour and trends
Bsc. Hons in Agriculture with Agricultural Economics.
25 years + market research experience in agriculture and agribusiness.
I set up Agrifocus in 1998 following many years experience with larger scale agencies in agriculture: Produce Studies and Landell Mills. With LMMR I held the postition of Research Director before leaving in 1995. Alongside Agrifocus I sit on the SE Wales Committee of the Country Land & Business Assoc (CLA), Management Committee of the Monmouthshire Agricultural Society & board of Governers of Haberdashers Monmouth Schools.
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Agriculture Veterinary & Environment
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
- Recruitment and Fieldwork
- Specialist techniques
- Data Processing & Reporting
- Secondary Research (data mining, desk research, web analysis)
What regions within the UK do you cover?
- London/South East England
- English Midlands
- Northern England
- South West England
- N. Ireland
Which international regions do you cover?
- Western Europe
- North America
- Eastern Europe
- SE Asia
Where are your offices in the UK?