With over 33 years’ experience in B2B Marketing consultancy Trevor has developed 3 main areas of specialisation, namely:
B2B market research in Industrial Products and Services, primarily in:
- Agriculture and food
- Retail and wholesale distribution
- ICT, software
- Financial Services
- Tourism and leisure
- Corporate Image and Communication
- Environmental control
- Manufacturing Industry in general
Trade Development.Working for organisations such as Enterprise Ireland, Invest N.I., VEDP (State of Virginia) and NYSE, Trevor has successfully undertaken many partner searches for Irish, US and UK-based product and service suppliers. These have spanned products as diverse as food ingredients, electronic components, domestic boilers, aircraft components, veterinary supplements, environmental equipment and software. Through these projects, Trevor has developed a special understanding of the needs of SMEs in their international business development
Employee Opinion Surveys. Trevor was formal associate for ISR (International Survey Research) in Spain over 1994-2009. During this time with ISR Trevor acted a project director for most of ISR’s surveys undertaken for clients in Spain, including project sale, design, management and results presentations at Board level. Clients include Telefonica, Siemens, CEMEX, Canal Isabel II, Schindler, Mondial Assistance. Trevor’s involvement with ISR ended shortly after the company was acquired by Towers-Perrin in 2008.
Trevor works primarily as an associate consultant for UK, US and continental Europe-based consultancy companies, with which he has indirectly delivered projects for major global companies such as Vodafone, IBM, General Motors, Schindler and Siemens.
Trevor is a hands-on dedicated B2B consultant with a reputation for taking on and resolving the most challenging projects - “The ones nobody else wants”. Many of these have been niche products or services supplied by UK or US SMEs making inroads into the Spanish market for the first time. How about …??
- Bronze letters and figures for gravestones
- “Man overboard” warning systems for the Spanish Navy
- Diet supplements
- Golf carts
- Mobile apps
- Air Navigation systems
- Anti-microbial Paints
- Secure document destruction
- Stents for AAA ops
"Trevor is not only one of our regular trade development consultants, but also our final resort when it comes to projects we consider “lost causes”; we have thrown several of these in his direction over the years and he has never failed to come back with a result. Dogged and 100% reliable... " (John Roche - Manager, Spain and Portugal, Enterprise Ireland)
- Graduate (BA Hons 1st Class) in International Marketing from Thames Polytechnic (now Greenwich University): 1977
- Consultant, Market research Division. The Economist Intelligence Unit: (1977-79)
- Consultant, Strategic Studies Division. The Economist Intelligence Unit: (1979-82)
- CP Inmark, Madrid: (1983-84)
- Independent B2B consultant trading as IMC (Industrial Marketing Consultancy): 1984 to date
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Business to business
- Industrial, manufacturing & logistics
- Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
- Secondary Research (data mining, desk research, web analysis)
Which international regions do you cover?
- Central/South America
- Western Europe
Apart from English, which languages do you speak fluently?
Where are your offices outside the UK?