As an independent research consultant and founder of Collaborate Research, I am able to draw on my experience to offer a wide range of services to clients:
- Delivery of end-to-end projects of all types
- Qualitative fieldwork across the full range of approaches and audiences
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Presentations to any level of audience including senior management
- Report writing to publishable standards
- Project management
- Proposal writing
- Internal training and capacity building
- Strategic consultancy
I also have a wide network of associates and service providers that I can draw on to deliver projects of all shapes and sizes.
I work with a broad range of clients with a particular focus on regulators and consumer advocacy organisations. Examples include Age UK, Citizens Advice, Civil Aviation Authority, Financial Conduct Authority, General Optical Council, Money Advice Trust, Ofcom, Office of Rail and Road, Ofgem, PSA, SMF, Timewise, Toynbee Hall, Women Like Us and Which?
During my 20 years in the research industry I have turned my hand to most things, but my specialist areas are:
- Methods: Qualitative research of all types; quantitative; deliberative; co-creation; ethnographic; multiple methods
- Audiences: General public; vulnerable groups; opinion leaders and stakeholders
- Sectors: Financial services; public and third sectors; utilities; media and technology
- Purpose: Policy and strategy development; service delivery; communications; campaigning and advocacy; thought leadership
I am an experienced research practitioner with advanced skills in qualitative, quantitative and deliberative methods, and extensive experience across the private, public and third sectors. I have a genuine passion for finding out what people think and using this to provide the highest quality insights.
Throughout my career I have placed considerable onus on developing collaborative relationships with clients, many who I have had the good fortune to work with over time, and in more than one role.
Prior to setting up Collaborate Research in September 2012, I worked at a senior level for a number of leading research agencies including:
- Jigsaw Research (Research Director and Head of the Telecoms, Media & Technology practice: May 2010-Sep 2012)
- Opinion Leader (Research Director and Head of the Financial Services practice: 2004-2010)
- TNS (Research Director in the Telecoms and Technology team: 2002-2004)
- Research International (Research Director: 2000-2001)
- Various research roles in Australia (1992-2000)
I have a Bachelor of Economics degree (first class honours) from the University of Sydney and am a member of the MRS.
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Government, social research, education
- Charities & Not-for-profit
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
- Secondary Research (data mining, desk research, web analysis)
What regions within the UK do you cover?
- London/South East England
- English Midlands
- Northern England
- South West England
- N. Ireland
Where are your offices in the UK?
- London/South East England