DD: Unique Insight to Inform & Inspire
DD is a creative and strategic research consultancy.
We help brand leaders gain competitive advantage in the marketplace by inspiring and informing their decision-making through strategic insight.
Our offering—evidence-based and innovative—brings together an understanding of the client’s business as well as the cultural context of brand and user.
Our approach is founded on our experience of empirical research--qualitative & quantitative, creative problem solving and knowledge of new behaviour and marketing science.
Full-range research and brand consultancy: methodology tailored to client objective and customised to local market; analysis sensitive to culture and people:
1. Research design: with a view to answering client brand's questions and inspiring informed action
2. Setup and recruitment: determine participant criteria--consumer or expert--and compose screeners
3. Addressing issues: formulate questions and write discussion guides in a way that would elicit open response
4. Fieldwork: go into market, talk to people--in situ or viewing facility--and collect visual and verbal data
5. Analysis: report in English or Japanese to answer client's questions and inspire informed action
- Expertise in travel, entertainment, hospitality and F&B
- Expertise in finance and insurance
- Expertise in healthcare and pharma
- Experience in technology and FMCG
- Projects in Japan every 2 or 3 months.
- Regular work in China and South Korea, and across South-East Asia: Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore etc..
- Also worked in Australia, Russia, the US, Brazil, Mexico and the UK, etc.
- 21 years of first-hand experience of Asian cultures, and immersion in retail environment and categories.
- Fluency in a number of languages that enable reading of cultural patterns and individual drives.
- Profound understanding of client business in cultural context, relevant business traditions and relationships.
- Research and brand consultancy experience on five continents.
- Living and working in Asia since 1997: Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore. Now, based in Tokyo and Singapore.
- Speaks fluent English, Japanese, Russian and Bulgarian.
- Previously with TNS and Flamingo.
- BA in Sociology and Social Psychology, and MA in Behavioural Sciences from Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo.
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Entertainment, leisure & travel
- Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
- Specialist techniques
- Data Processing & Reporting
- Recruitment and Fieldwork
- Workshop facilitation
What regions within the UK do you cover?
- London/South East England
- N. Ireland
- South West England
- Northern England
- English Midlands
Which international regions do you cover?
- Eastern Europe
- North America
- India/Pakistan/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka
- Central/South America
- Western Europe
- SE Asia
- Middle East
Apart from English, which languages do you speak fluently?
Where are your offices outside the UK?
- SE Asia