Market Research consultancy with a particular emphasis on the medical devices/healthcare sector. Provides a business perspective to help agencies with proposals, project design, and the analysis,interpretation and presentation of results and recommendations. Extensive experience in conducting interviews and moderating groups with clinicians and other healthcare professionals; and in desk research.
Business consultancy from an experienced client-side Market Research/Competitive Intelligence/Strategic Planning professional who has led respected Market Intelligence teams at blue-chip companies in the energy and healthcare sectors. Services include:
- Research-based Strategic Planning for business growth
- Developing effective marketing strategies
- Profiling potential clients for business development
- Competitive intelligence on customer, competitor and market trends
Training for Market Research agencies and Market Research/Competitive Intelligence users. Interactive workshops customised to the client’s business needs and industry focus, on topics such as:
- Winning and keeping new clients
- Maximising the value of agency/client relationships
- Using Market Research and Competitive Intelligence for strategic advantage
- Establishing an effective Competitive Intelligence function
Medical Devices and other Healthcare Sectors.
Director, Market Intelligence at Smiths Medical
Created a Market Intelligence team respected across the company for its professionalism and effectiveness in providing intelligence and strategic analysis to drive business growth.
- Enabled effective new product development, business growth strategies and a new branding strategy by providing primary and secondary market research insights, both running in house projects and managing agencies.
- Facilitated development of an effective strategic plan for Smiths Medical which led to underlying revenue and profit growth in 2012 despite a very challenging market. Provided detailed market analysis, identifying strategic issues and proposing solutions.
- Promoted business growth at Smiths Medical through internal consultancy e.g.:
- Enhanced sales of under-performing product ranges by conducting global “Best Practice” workshops.
- Promoted a new profit-based approach to the allocation of sales and marketing resources through training workshops with management teams and ongoing facilitation of the review process
Royal Dutch Shell
Various roles in market intelligence, research and strategy for Shell Group companies in the oil and gas industries
Certified member of the Market Research Society
Member of BHBIA with certification in Adverse Event Reporting
Diploma of Higher Education in Antenatal Teaching (University of Luton, 2001) and over 12 years’ experience of facilitating adult learning.
Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, NIMR, London, 1983
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
- Business to business
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
- Secondary Research (data mining, desk research, web analysis)
- Workshop facilitation
What regions within the UK do you cover?
- N. Ireland
- London/South East England
- English Midlands
- South West England
- Northern England
Which international regions do you cover?
- North America
Where are your offices in the UK?
- London/South East England