Do you need an experienced and versatile qualitative researcher for projects or ad-hoc requirements? I offer expertise in the following areas:
- Desk research/literature reviews
- Discussion guide design
- Depth and semi-structured interviews (telephone and face-to-face)
- Focus group facilitation/moderation
- Case-study visits
- Qualitative analysis
- Writing-up for research reports and case studies
Member of Market Research Society. Enhanced DBS (CRB) clearance - transferable to all organisations (Update Service). Professional Indemnity/Public Liability insurance. Based in Coventry, UK. Happy to travel by train or car. Available for short or long-term assignments, whatever matches your needs - just e-mail me or give me a call to discuss your project.
Education and skills, including primary, secondary, post-16, vocational education, work related learning and higher education. Main research areas:
- Engagement initiatives with children/young people to prevent or intervene with disaffection from learning and raise aspirations, e.g. through sport, work-related learning, the Arts
- Youth engagement interventions for NEET young people or those ‘at risk of becoming’ NEET
- Initiatives to support young people to aspire to higher education
- Initiatives to support skills development and employability with children/young people, such as Enterprise Education
- Initiatives to enhance educational experiences and outcomes for all learners - those that provide an 'added spark' and synergy to the established curriculum
- Case study research in primary and secondary schools (during any of the above).
Passionately interested in any research which feeds into a better learning experience and wider opportunities for all children and young people.
Although an established educational researcher, I'm happy to work in new areas outside of my comfort zone - I recently worked on a literature review of attitudes to Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, which I knew absolutely nothing about at the start of the process but quickly learnt! Former Research Fellow at the Centre for Education and Industry (University of Warwick) for 7 years, working on a range of educational research themes from primary to post-16, which I've continued to focus on as a freelancer for the past two years. With an MA in Social Research, I also recently attained the MRS Advanced Certificate in Market Research in order to widen my services. Clients include education specialists in the market research sector and larger public sector organisations such as NFER and NatCen.
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Government, social research, education
- Charities & Not-for-profit
- Children & Youth
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
- Secondary Research (data mining, desk research, web analysis)
- Data Processing & Reporting
- Workshop facilitation
- Business services for market researchers
What regions within the UK do you cover?
- London/South East England
- English Midlands
- N. Ireland
- South West England
- Northern England
Which international regions do you cover?
- Western Europe
Where are your offices in the UK?
- English Midlands