I can help with research administration to free up your time, enabling you to add more value for your clients.
I can be integrated seamlessly into your organisation, with a consistent email address and branding – meaning no confusion for clients or participants
Research Assistant services:
- Recruiting from lists (e.g. via email or SurveyMonkey)
- Responding to email queries, monitoring recruitment and chasing up non-responders
- Setting up screeners and questionnaires
- Setting up participants and questions in online forums (e.g. Liveminds, Web Community Creator)
- Monitoring progress within online forums and chasing up non-responders
- Questionnaire checking and testing
- Data inputting
- Analysis of open-ended responses
- Charting and report template set-up
- If I haven’t listed the service you are looking for, just ask!
- Intelligent verbatim – sentences are smoothed out, removing false starts, repetitions, umms and ahhs
- Full verbatim – umms and ahhs are removed, but all false starts and repetitions are retained
- Strict verbatim – every word and sound is transcribed exactly as said
- Notes – fast service, less detail. Sentences are summarised and condensed
- Summaries – filler words and repetition removed, complex sentences rewritten
- Notes & quotes – Q&A in notes, quotes in intelligent verbatim
- Transcript analysis
I have worked in the market research industry for twelve years, and I am also an experienced transcriber.
I can handle specialist research tasks which a general Virtual Assistant may not have experience with.
I speak the research language so briefings are easy, and I understand the ever-changing research world and the challenges you are up against.
In 2001 I graduated with a BSc (Hons) Psychology from the University of Leeds. I have fifteen years’ experience in research and marketing in the financial, education and social research sectors.
I have worked in market research for twelve years, including nine years as a Research Manager at a major High Street bank. My career has spanned everything from recruiting respondents and coding questionnaires to influencing business decisions through insight – and I have worked both Clientside and agency side.
I started my transcription business TS Transcribing in 2016, and haven’t looked back since. After over a year of working with independent researchers and learning what they most need support with, I launched my Virtual Research Assistant business in 2017.
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Business to business
- Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
- Transcription & Translation
- Business services for market researchers
What regions within the UK do you cover?
- N. Ireland
- South West England
- Northern England
- English Midlands
- London/South East England
Which international regions do you cover?
- North America
Where are your offices in the UK?
- Northern England