I am an experienced Qualitative Market Research Director and Consultant.
I have proven ability working across consumer, specialist and business-to-business sectors for a variety of clients and agencies in the UK and internationally. I am experienced in leading a project and coordinating across teams or adding value as a research consultant.
My particular skills are in understanding specific target audiences, brand positioning, communication and advertising development and evaluation. As a highly experienced moderator I am first-rate at building empathy with different audiences, whether it be face-to-face, telephone or online. I am also an excellent communicator, presenter and workshop facilitator.
I lived and worked in Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur for two years, have Irish and Swedish parentage, travelled extensively and have a global outlook. I am also an expert in Applied Colour Psychology as an accredited colourist and certified teacher.
I bring applied curiosity, creativity, and enthusiasm and deliver insightful and actionable findings.
- Experienced moderator across consumer, specialist and business to business for UK and International projects
- Focus groups
- Individual Depth Interviews
- Telephone interviews
- On-line communities/ bulletin boards
- Ethnographic services
- Accompanied shops
- Home visits
- Workshop facilitator
- Particular understanding and experience of brands, communication strategies and advertising.
- Proven experience in fully leading research projects from recommending methodology and sample to presenting an actionable and insightful debrief.
- Also enjoys focusing on part of a project that feeds into a team leader.
- Experienced in integrating with quantitative research findings and other business disciplines.
- Expert in applied colour psychology as a Colour Affects Accredited Colourist and Certified Teacher.
Since 2001 Maria has worked in qualitative research specialising in ad-hoc projects. Initially a director at Sadek Wynberg Millward Brown she has been freelancing since 2007.
Prior to this, Maria was 15 years working in various Advertising and Media Independent agencies such as Leo Burnet and Initiative Media in London, Banbury, Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur in communication planning and strategy.
Maria has a BSc (Hons) degree in Geography with Environmental Science, a First Class Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising, a First Class BA (Hons) degree in Design Crafts, and a Colour Affects System Diploma in Applied Colour Psychology.
Widely travelled, incurably curious and interested in understanding people, Maria is experienced across many clients, sectors, and markets.
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Advertising & Media
- Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
- Business to business
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
- Secondary Research (data mining, desk research, web analysis)
- Specialist techniques
What regions within the UK do you cover?
- N. Ireland
- South West England
- Northern England
- London/South East England
- English Midlands
Which international regions do you cover?
- Eastern Europe
- Central/South America
- SE Asia
- North America
- Western Europe
Where are your offices in the UK?
- English Midlands