I work independently for research agencies and directly with clients.
As a Brit living in the USA, I typically work with UK agencies to moderate and provide local debriefs for the US market as part of international studies. However, I am equally happy assisting with multi-country research and travelling to other markets, and then pulling together a global report.
Qualitative research services I provide include:
- Moderation of group discussions (focus groups), extended groups, mini-groups, triads, pre-tasked groups etc.
- Qualitative interviewing, both face-to-face and telephone interviews
- Intercept and semi-structured interviews
- Accompanied in-store shopping trips
- Project design and set-up, including discussion guide design
- Management of overseas fieldwork - attendance / observation, note-taking, analysis, and briefing / debriefing with local agencies
- Proposal writing
- Report writing, including topline debriefs, full debrief writing and face-to-face presentations
Including, but not limited to:
- Advertising development / evaluation
- New concept development
- New product development / innovation
- Packaging optimisation
- Exploratory / category understanding
- Brand positioning and optimisation, including brand extension
- Early user assessment
A British researcher based in North America, Rachael Barriga is a skilled qualitative research and consultancy professional with more than 12 years of experience. She brings a global perspective from having lived and worked in numerous markets across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
Rachael draws on many years of training and experience at international market research agencies TNS and Ipsos, and has also worked at specialized research boutiques Blue Moon (now owned by GfK) and The Sunday Times Fast Track. During her time as a researcher, she has been fully involved in every aspect of qualitative, from initial project design to guide writing, fieldwork, analysis and debriefing. In addition, she has worked closely with clients from a number of sectors including FMCG, telecommunications, media and healthcare, providing assistance across the entire product/service lifecycle from NPD to branding and advertising evaluation.
Rachael strives to deliver thorough, high quality and actionable research to clients. She is passionate about understanding what makes people tick, and how this drives their responses, beliefs and behavior. To achieve this insight, she is fully versed across a whole spectrum of qualitative methodologies, and has a comprehensive toolbox of projective and enabling techniques at her disposal, having received extensive training from the AQR (Association for Qualitative Research) in London on topics such as laddering, structuring techniques and extended visualizations.
Responsive and collaborative, Rachael is available to assist with any of your qualitative research needs, and looks forward to partnering with both agencies and end clients.
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Consumer durables
- Advertising & Media
- Children & Youth
- Entertainment, leisure & travel
- Business to business
- Charities & Not-for-profit
- Government, social research, education
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
Which international regions do you cover?
- North America
- Western Europe
Where are your offices outside the UK?
- North America