Pen For Hire
I write white papers and market assessments for ITC suppliers, industry magazines, consulting companies, users and channels. With competitive prices I follow briefs closely and turn projects around quickly.
I am an experienced presenter on the ITC industry. I can address meetings from small workshops to major conferences. Suppliers – large and small – use me to communicate the key trends, forecasts and dynamics of the ITC market. Recent 2018 presentations include market predictions for the Innovation Group (Italy), trends in enterprise computing offerings for the Services Industry Association in Las Vegas and F1 IT at IP Expo Manchester. I typically supply appropriate market data as the basis of my presentations.
ITCandor’s perspective of the world ITC market is firmly based on a detailed tracker, covering the whole market by multiple dimensions. I publish data sets as follows:
- Client devices
- Mobile devices
- Gaming consoles
- Printer and peripheral
I typically customise data sets for specific countries, regions and/or combine different areas together for my customers,
ITCandor Market Model Data Coverage
Each quarter I calculate the revenues, net profit and headcount of the market split into these dimensions:
- Geography – 51 countries in 3 regions (the Americas, Asia Pacific, EMEA).
- Vertical Market – 11 vertical markets, which are Agriculture/ Construction/ Mining, Manufacturing, Transport/Communications/ Utilities, Retail/Wholesale, Finance, Business Services, Central Government, Local Government, Health, Education and Other Vertical Markets.
- Customer Size – Large (>1,000 Employees), Medium (100-1,000 Employees) and Small (1-99 Employees) companies and consumers.
- Offering – Hardware, IT Service, Software and Telecom Service categories. Each of these is further divided into multiple offerings (32 in total).
- Channel – OEM, Direct Outbound, Direct Internet, Indirect Two Tier and Indirect Single Tier.
- Period – all quarters from Q1 2005, with the latest added before the beginning of the next one. My current forecasts cover the period to the end of 2026. All forecasts are quarterly.
- Vendor – I study over 185 suppliers each quarter, of which the largest were Apple, AT&T, Samsung, Verizon, NTT, HP (Enterprise and Inc., Samsung) and IBM in 2017. I am constantly adding vendors to address important new markets or vendor M&A activities.
I also collect user and channel demographic information, as well country GDP, unemployment and natural resources data to provide a consistent basis for generating good forecasts.
Before launching ITCandor I worked for the Inteco Corporation (1983-6) and IDC (1986-2009). My degree is in Classics from Corpus Christi College, Oxford.
My hobbies include landscape painting and playing saxophone.
What sectors do you most often work in?
- IT (inc Ecommerce)
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
- Specialist techniques
- Secondary Research (data mining, desk research, web analysis)
What regions within the UK do you cover?
- London/South East England
- English Midlands
- Northern England
- South West England
- N. Ireland
Which international regions do you cover?
- Western Europe
- SE Asia
- India/Pakistan/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka
- Central/South America
- North America
- Middle East
- Eastern Europe
Where are your offices in the UK?
- London/South East England