We are a marketing analytics and quantitative research consultancy who specialise in using data to generate insight.
Our projects vary from major international quant studies to small pieces of analytical support.
Our clients range from major corporations to small agencies and consultancies.
Every project is designed starting with the business objective rather than with the methodology. Many of them include advanced analytics like segmentation, conjoint and driver analysis where that helps answer the business question.
We also specialise in the use of consumer sales data and loyalty card data to understand the drivers of business performance.
The types of question we answer for our clients include:
- In-market performance - Are we winning or losing? What are the key drivers of performance? What is the ROI on our marketing activities and advertising?
- Customer experience - How do our customers feel about our service? What aspects of the service should be improved to increase satisfaction and loyalty? How good is good enough?
- Targeting - What segments exist in the market? What are their needs? How big an opportunity do they represent? Which should we target and how?
- Innovation - How should we configure complex products and services? What represents appropriate pricing? How successful will it be? How will it affect our existing products?
- Category Management - How do customers purchase the category? How should the category be displayed?
I set up SigDiff in 2007. At the time I was MD at a mid-sized agency. The agency was very successful but I was growing frustrated in the role as I really wanted to work on projects rather than manage a company. Claire Gregory joined me about a year later.
We each have 20+ years experience of quantitative research, data modelling and analytics gained both client- and agency-side. Previous employers include Tesco, Mars, Unilever and HSBC.
We have worked together for many years, first at Mars, then at our previous agency and now at SigDiff.
Both of us have Maths degrees from top universities and Masters in Operational Research.
If you work with SigDiff, your project will be delivered by one or both of us. We will be personally responsible for all deliverables, although trusted partners may provide support in some areas such as fieldwork.
What sectors do you most often work in?
- IT (inc Ecommerce)
- Business to business
- Entertainment, leisure & travel
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
- Specialist techniques
- Data Processing & Reporting
Where are your offices in the UK?
- London/South East England