The Science Behind has considerable expertise in the field of neuroscience, human behaviour, marketing, business management, design and product development.
We deliver academically and scientifically sound integrated research services, consultancy and training.
Literature review. An entry level service that looks at, summarises and contextualises prior research relating to a client problem. We will work with you to specifically define the problem/question before searching for, reviewing and summarising academic literature that potentially can provide a generalised, relevant and informative level of insight.
Behavioural Study. A more detailed service that aims specifically at addressing the question or problem. This is likely to involve relevant volunteers, some kind of psychological and/or neurophysiological measurements. The precise nature of the study will depend on a number of factors including the specific question, timeframe, budget. Behavioural studies follow all of the steps of our four stage process.
Study Design. For people and organisations looking for robust study design or to assess an existing study for scientific integrity, to be either delivered by themselves or by a third party. Resilient studies are important to ensure that your results, should you need them to, stand up to scrutiny, meaning you can stand by them with confidence.
Consultancy. Managing organisational change, nurturing a culture for enhanced creativity, employee management and wellbeing and supporting your leadership team are just some of the issues many businesses and organisations face. Our understanding of the human responses inherent in these business challenges is used to embed new behaviours, break ‘bad’ habits, enhance wellbeing, performance and productivity and ensure lasting, positive outcomes.
Workshops. Full-day, half-day workshops and Lunch & Learn sessions covering topics such as Creativity, Neuroscience for Marketing, Neuroscience for Workplace Design, Neuroscience for HR decision makers, Leadership, Performance Management, Change Management. Workshops are available as a standard programme or can be customised to suit a particular need.
We use eyetracking, heart rate monitoring, respiration, brain imaging and behavioural investigation to provide a holistic understanding of the consumer.
No single method tells it all. We select from the range of tech available to best address your question and help your business succeed.
• Fixed and mobile eye tracking. Used for gathering information about where a subject’s attention is drawn to based on where the eyes fixate and focus. Eye tracking offers a reasonably high degree of precision, facilitation of hands-free interaction and can be integrated with other technologies and techniques to give greater depth of insight.
• EEG. Electroencephalography or EEG is used to help understand how much cognitive effort is required to process information or complete a task or how engaged/disengaged a subject is on a stimulus by detecting electrical signals from within the brain.
• EMG. Electromyography or EMG is used to measure electrical activity in facial muscles. Facial expression analysis works on the basis that facial expressions are closely linked to emotions.
• GSR. Galvanic Skin Response or GSR measures changes in skin conductance by sweat and is used as a measure of arousal. GSR can be used to measure event related arousal or non-stimulus locked responses that look at levels of arousal over a longer period of time.
What sectors do you most often work in?
- Industrial, manufacturing & logistics
- Advertising & Media
What are the main types of research/research specialisms you conduct most often?
- Specialist techniques
What regions within the UK do you cover?
- London/South East England
- South West England
- English Midlands
- Northern England
- N. Ireland
Which international regions do you cover?
- Western Europe
- North America
Where are your offices in the UK?