What We Do: For Start-Ups
You might want help with any of the following:
- Product or service feasibility/demand
- Product or service idea refinement
- Pricing research
- Competitor analysis
- Retail location selection
- Specific requirements
We offer two levels of service for start-ups:
Start-up Research DIY: Provide us with your business plan (whether it’s on paper or only in your head) and we will advise on the market research you need, including:
- a clear definition of your target audience
- the number of people who should be contacted
- which method you should use eg, telephone interviewing, face-to-face or online
In addition, we will write you a fully-tailored questionnaire specifically for your business, which you can then either use yourself to carry out your own research, or pass to a third party to carry out the research on your behalf.
Start-up Research Full Service: This includes all the elements of Start-up Research DIY, plus:
- We carry out the research for you
- We report the research findings, either face-to-face, or in a document. This presentation/report will make clear recommendations for your business
- We provide a free proposal and costing before you commission any work, so you know exactly what you’ll be buying
What We Do: For Established Organisations
Start-up Research offers a wide range of research in which Chris Brookes, the founding director, has become proficient during her career in market research. These include:
- Service sector research, particularly new product development and customer satisfaction, arts & education research
- International research
- Online research
- Qualitative research including group moderation, telephone depths, qualitative analysis and presentation
- Workshops to define and progress business issues highlighted by market research
Start-up Research is ‘methodology-agnostic’, and we will recommend the approach that best suits the project and your budget.
Well-priced market research to promote business growth and development.
Chris Brookes, the founding Director of Start-up Research, has over twenty five years’ experience in market research. She began her career at Millward Brown, and has worked client-side at Which? and Royal Mail. Chris has been working at Director level for many years, including at Ipsos-MORI. She has a degree in English & American Literature and an MBA from the University of Warwick, and is a Full Member of the Market Research Society. In addition, she holds a Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring from the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development, and a qualification in teaching adults (PTLLS).
Chris’s particular strengths are quantitative research, international research, and online research. She has knowledge of a wide range of business sectors and their issues and is expert in research in higher education. She also has extensive experience of conducting and analysing qualitative research, typically when needed prior to a quantitative stage, and of using workshops to define and progress business issues for blue chip clients.