A client facing insight and research manager providing research, data analysis and creative solutions to challenges across the retail, public health and charity sectors. Experience of overseeing the start-up and growth of a social enterprise and international behavioral change programs. Key strengths include:
- Expertise in cognitive and behavioural psychology (British Psychology Society), with a focus on shopper decision making, eyetracking, the use of heuristics and promotional framing techniques.
- Strong data analysis (SPSS, excel) and strong market research methodologies including eye-tracking as well as quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Behavioral change expertise with an emphasis on retail, sport and sexual health programs.
- Project management in the public and private sector, managing multiple projects internationally with budgets up to 300k. A PRINCE2 practitioner.
Eyetracker.co.uk Freelance research Manager
Dec 2011 – present
- Developing and applying psychological influencing techniques blending eyetracker research; focusing on framing, priming and heuristics effects on consumer choice.
- Pitched, won and delivered research projects with clients including government agencies, FMCG brands and retailers.
Mountainview Learning, London Research Manager
Nov 2010 – Aug 2011
- Managed in store research projects for premium retailers and FMCG companies applying psychological and behavioral influencing techniques to marketing & promotions.
- Delivered sales uplift between 10% – 60% for one major UK retailer using heuristics at POS.
- Increased donation contributions by 17% for a national charity for their spring campaign.
FreshMinds Research, London Research Manager
2009 – June 2010
- Delivered market research projects for clients across the public sector including NHS trusts, charities and education providers.
- Delivered quantitative and qualitative projects in the region of 15 – 45k. This included survey and questionnaire design, in depth interviews, qualitative and quantitative analysis.
University College London Msc, Cog. and Decision Science (Distinction) 2011 – 2013
University of Edinburgh MA (Hons,) Psychology (2:1) 1996 – 2000
Dr Challoners Grammar School A-Levels: (A, A, B) 1993 – 1995
British Council, London Project Manager
- Managed the rollout of ‘Premier Skills’, a partnership between the Premier League and the British Council focusing on community development and sports in Uganda.
- Managed logistics of expansion of a school linking program across 18 new African countries including establishing and developing partnership development funding systems.
Business in the Community, London Project Manager
- Managed ‘Clubs that Count’, a Dept of Health funded project working with 60 professional sports clubs across football, rugby and cricket including six Premier League clubs.
- Researched and evaluated community projects using online and qualitative interviews.
ICON, International Planned Parenthood Federation, London Marketing Manager
- Launched condom social marketing projects in Eritrea and Lesotho (budget £300k).
- Completed and presented market research, facilitated the design of packaging, and formulated the pricing structure of economically sustainable condom brands.
- Brokered partnerships with government health departments, international HIV / AIDS organizations, marketing and distribution companies, including Coca-Cola.
Condoms With A Conscience, London Co-founder
- Co-founded and registered a social enterprise to launch an international condom social marketing initiative using football as a vehicle to promote condom use.
- Researched, wrote and presented business plans to venture capitalists, the Dept of Health, sexual health charities, international HIV / AIDS charities and football bodies.
Ideas to Go, Morristown, New Jersey Part – time Creative consultant
- Worked for an creative idea generating company developing product development, advertising copy and re-branding concepts for blue chip clients.