I have over 15 years experience of leading and conducting research for Government agencies, along with commercial and voluntary sector clients in the fields of education, children, young people and families and skills. I have worked for clients including the Department for Education, the Careers & Enterprise Company, Action for Children and BBC Children in Need. I also have experience across the commercial sector having worked for clients including IKEA, the Royal Foundation, Marks & Spencers, Bassetts Vitamins. Kerry Foods and Crosse & Blackwell.
I have considerable experience of interviewing a range of stakeholders including senior leaders in schools, teachers, pupils, parents, and other professionals.
Some of my areas of specialism include;
- project management - being accountable for all aspects of project delivery including profitability monitoring, report writing for a range of audiences (ministers, policy makers);
- writing and pitching for high and low value contracts;
- designing bespoke research tools such as postal/online/face to face questionnaires, structured and unstructured topic guides;
- undertaking fieldwork in an array of settings (e.g. homes, schools, youth and community organisations), with a range of participants, on a variety of topics;
- survey design, management and analysis
- analysing qualitative and quantitative data and producing research reports and the development of recommendations to inform learning and future policy.
- presenting research findings to audiences including clients, stakeholders and conference delegates (e.g. at the Cohesion Counts Conference and the NCVO Conference 2011).