- Market intelligence - landscaping (sizing and segmentation), market share, key players, barriers to entry, growth opportunities and key drivers, and threats. Can incorporate SWOT, PESTLE, and risk mapping models.
- Benchmarking analysis - across product/service range, pricing, geography, or targeted customer base for example.
- Customer/prospect profiling - for new and existing customers. Draws on published market research to better understand customer demography, as well as key characteristics such as buying behaviour and influencers.
- Regulatory and policy mapping - high-level or deeper-dive analysis of the regulatory landscape shaping your strategic and operational environments, now and in the future.
- Competitor intelligence - in-depth analysis of your closest or best-in-class competitors.
- Strategic development - e.g. proposition statement and development, business planning, risk mapping and horizon spotting, and strategic brainstorming.
- Content development - research, analysis, storytelling, copywriting, and editing services for both internal and external audiences.
- Digital analysis - layering industry analysis with up-to-the-moment SEO and search trend analysis, and to add further depth and understanding to customer profiling.
- Ad-hoc research - from one-question briefs to more in-depth requests, I can guide you on the art of the possible.
The Research Desk
Business researcher with a strategic mindset.
While I have built up an in-depth knowledge of certain sectors over the years -- including power, energy, water, waste management, mining, financial services, risk management, retail and consumer goods -- I remain a researcher at heart. Whether it's fish fingers (my first ever research project!), nuclear waste transportation, benchmarking companies CSR and ESG performance, or understanding what's next for personal injury claims lawyers, pose the question and I will find you the answer!
A research analyst with over twenty years' experience, I have worked across corporate finance, investment banking, insurance, and risk consultancy. As a strong commercial and strategic thinker focussed on helping clients to identify, understand, and assess current and emerging opportunities, I work with companies both large and small and across multiple sectors, and have also mentored a number of small business owners both at home and also abroad via the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women's Mentoring Women in Business Programme.
- Business to business
- Consumer durables
- Industrial, manufacturing & logistics
Skills & Services
- Secondary Research (data mining, desk research, web analysis)
- Desk Research