Monday 8th May 2017
This Award is designed to recognise the contribution of researchers who choose to work as micro-businesses. The Award will be given to the independent researcher who gives the best demonstration of their skills, expertise and experience in the delivery of a research project, the development or application of novel research methods or a contribution made to the success of a client's business
Entry is now closed.
To enter, you must submit:
- one copy of the submission document
- one copy of the entry form
- a high resolution copy of your logo or a photograph of yourself (in jpg format)
Entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Monday 10 July 2017.
Basis of submission: 1,500 word synopsis plus 200 word summary.
Your summary is an important part of your application and should clearly demonstrate how your entry matches what the judges are looking for.
Only electronic applications in the required format will be considered for this award.
- Download and complete the Word submission document and entry forms – these will constitute your award application. The document must include the title of the project and the entrant name as they should be published, the 200 word summary and 1,500 word synopsis.
- Charts/illustrations can be included within the body of the paper, but do not contribute to the word count.
- Your submission will be judged on the merits of the summary/paper alone – no appendices or additional material will be considered.
- You must send either a high resolution version of your company logo, or a high resolution photograph of yourself, in print quality jpg format (300dpi) to be used for publicity purposes if your entry is shortlisted for an award.
- The submission document, entry form and company logo should be sent as attachments to the same email with the subject line Independents Day Award Entry.
Rules of entry – Independents Day Award
- Entries are welcomed from independent consultants who are members of either MRS or ICG and employ no more than 3 people. The primary contact on your Entry Form does not have to be the member, but must take overall responsibility for the entry..
- The primary contact must ensure that permission to enter the Awards is obtained from all parties involved including any clients or suppliers.
- Entries must not overtly ‘sell’ any organisation.
- Submissions may be entered for more than one Award but must be tailored to meet the requirements for each specific category.
- MRS reserves the right to re-assign an entry to another category if it is deemed more appropriate.
- The judges’ decisions are final. The judges will not enter into correspondence about why an entry is not selected as a finalist.
- Entries must be received by 4pm on Thursday 6 July 2017 to qualify. No extensions will be granted.
THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE FOR THIS CATEGORY
One ticket to the Awards Dinner on 4 December will be allocated per shortlisted entry. Additional tickets can be purchased nearer the time at the standard advertised price.
You might also like to…
Lucie Wernicke - Administrator