Experienced Associate-Director level qualitative researcher
I am an Associate Director level freelance qualitative researcher and consultant. I have a strong understanding of people and their interaction with brands and products, taking pride to ensure brand strategy is based on genuine insight and cultural context.
I have a wealth of qualitative research experience working across brands, sectors, markets, project types and methodologies. I can support with any project stage from proposal writing, project set up, moderating, analysis, presentation/report writing to presenting.
I have a particular interest and specialism in FMCG, Automotive, design research and moderating.
I am a Cambridge University Geography graduate. I started my career working in retail, on the John Lewis Retail Management Graduate Scheme then in Retail Strategy Consultancy. Since then, I have worked as a qualitiatve researcher, initially specialising in design research (at The Big Picture) but then branching out in to more generalist, startegic research (at Simpson Carpenter and Truth Consulting).
Brand, category and market experience
- Experience working across the whole brand development journey (landscaping, positioning, innovation/NPD, naming, proposition development and refinement,) and touchpoints (communications, products, packaging, visual brand language, online, in-store).
- Work alongside Insight, Brand and Marketing teams across numerous brands, including: Unilever, GSK, Premier Foods, Dairy Crest, Britvic, Novartis, McCain, General Mills, Cereal Partners Worldwide, Next, Heathrow, Ford Motors, Honda, HSBC, Dixons Carphone, Npower
- Run single and multi-market projects in the UK and internationally, including: US, Canada, India, China, France, Germany, Italy, Turkey and Sweden
- Lead the whole research process from taking the client brief, running fieldwork, to delivering strategic and actionable final reports. Sometimes informing design or ad agency briefs
- Experience across multiple methodologies/techniques, including: traditional focus groups, individual and paired depth interviews, consumer and client workshops, in-home and in-store ethnography, and online forums
- Over 150 hours of moderating experience (UK and US/Canada)
- Work closely with foreign agency partners in non-English speaking markets, briefing in projects, attending fieldwork and integrating findings into global reports
- Accountable for delivering projects on time and within budget