Run by an experienced British qualitative researcher based in the USA, Barriga Consulting offers qualitative research services to both MR agencies and end clients. Happy to plug in where needed, be it fieldwork only, or end-to-end project involvement.
I work independently for research agencies and directly with clients.
As a Brit living in the USA, I often work with UK agencies to moderate and provide local debriefs for the US market as part of international studies. However, I am equally happy assisting with multi-country research and travelling to other markets, and then pulling together a global report.
Qualitative research services I provide include:
- Moderation of online communities and face-to-face group discussions (focus groups), extended groups, mini-groups, triads, pre-tasked groups etc.
- Qualitative interviewing, both face-to-face and telephone interviews
- Intercept and semi-structured interviews
- Accompanied in-store shopping trips
- Project design and set-up, including discussion guide design
- Management of overseas fieldwork - attendance / observation, note-taking, analysis, and briefing / debriefing with local agencies
- Report writing, including topline debriefs, full debrief writing and face-to-face presentations
I founded Barriga Consulting in 2017 having previously worked for 12+ years in the qualitative specialist teams at leading international research agencies in the UK, Australia and the US.
During my time as a researcher, I have been fully involved in every aspect of qualitative, from initial project design to guide writing, fieldwork, analysis and debriefing. In addition, I have worked closely with clients from a number of sectors including FMCG, telecommunications, media and healthcare, providing assistance across the entire product/service lifecycle from NPD to branding and advertising evaluation.
Originally from the England, I currently live in Cincinnati, Ohio (and have been here since 2009) with my Australian husband, two American children and one 'royal' corgi.