For the love of good research
True Insights is a strategic insights consultancy (a network of research experts) led by Kathryn Hall - an industry-recognized and (Auras) award-winning qualitative research professional.
Most of our work is full-service qualitative research, and we can work closely with trusted quantitative collaborators to deliver full-service research. We also collaborate with other agencies to provide fieldwork and analysis support on their projects.
We have expertise in a wide range of traditional and online methodologies including:
- Focus groups, workshops, and depth interviews
- In-store ASTs, intercepts, and observations
- Online bulletin boards/ asynchronous research
- Filmed ethnography
- Car clinics
We enjoy providing support to research agencies and our own end-clients
- Charities, British Red Cross, NSPCC, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.
- FMCG, Coke Cola, and Del Monte.
- Broadcast media and publishing, Sky, ITV, BritBox, and Penguin Random House.
- Government and regulatory bodies, the Women and Equality Unit, Houses of Parliament, the Ministry of Justice, and Ofcom.
- Financial, HSBC, Fidelity, and Lloyds banking group
- Automotive Porsche, BMW, Mini, Nissan, MG, and Polestar.
We enjoy working on these types of projects:
- Ad concept testing
- Communication strategies
- Brand positioning/ Brand Refresh
- Developing legacy/ fundraising strategies/ campaigns
- Opportunity creation and ideation
- Innovation development
- Consumer/ supporter journeys
We specialise in sensitive research with children and young adults, and seldom-heard groups including racially minoritized people, LGBTQ+, Disabled people, and people living with and affected by cancer.
PUBLISHED PAPERS, & CONFERENCES
- A Certified Member of the Market Research Society for many years
- Co-led a creative thinking seminar at the Institute of Fundraising Conference in 2019 and co-wrote published research on legacies at the Remember A Charity conference the same year with a previous agency.
- Co-wrote Representation and Portrayal on BBC TV published report on behalf of Ofcom (2018) whilst at Kantar
- Contributed to two published reports in 2018 for Reuters Institute Study of Journalism, relating to the future of news and the rise of WhatsApp with Kantar
- Published paper - Channel 4’s delivery of the public service broadcast remit on behalf of Ofcom (2017) with Kantar
- Presented/ co-wrote a report on behalf of HSBC at the National Union of Students Conference (2009) whilst at GfK NOP
- Presented and published a paper at the 2001 Market Research Society Conference with the Community Fund (National Lottery Charities Board) with GfK NOP
A Market Research Society Company Partner and MRS Industry Mentor.