Qual research and Insight specialist
I am an enthusiastic and confident senior researcher, comfortable managing projects (through the full life cycle) single-handedly or with a team or just offering support for a specific part of a project e.g. moderation.
I offer the following key services:
- Managing UK and International qualitative projects from brief through to delivery, including:
- Contributing towards and/or leading on proposal writing
- Designing and setting up the research (e.g. recruitment, writing topic guides)
- Using a range of traditional and innovative qualitative approaches e.g. focus groups, online communities, ethnography etc.
- Applying a creative and analytical approach to translating data into strategic insights
- Creating and delivering engaging and influential presentations to diverse audiences, including senior stakeholders.
- Capitalising on quant skills (gained when working as a quant researcher at ONS and YouGov) to provide support/lead on mixed qual and quant projects
- Desk research (e.g. trend analysis)
With a passion for understanding human behaviour, and an aptitude for thinking strategically, I thrive on using a variety of traditional and innovative qualitative techniques along with different principles and ways of thinking (e.g. NLP, Behavioural Economics) to unearth and deliver richer, actionable insights that help overcome challenges and inform strategy.
While I have experience working across a broad spectrum of business issues and sectors, my expertise is in deep consumer understanding, brand strategy and comms development, particularly in Food and Drink and FMCG sectors.
I also have extensive experience in International research whether it's managing a multi-market project remotely and/or attending fieldwork.
I am a senior qualitative research and insight specialist with over 15 years' of experience gained through working for leading Market & Social research agencies and Brand Consultancies (ONS, YouGov and MEAT Global Brands).
I have been working independently for just over 3 years, offering qual and insight expertise to a number of Market research agencies, Brand consultancies and Marketing & Communication companies.