A research and evaluation, project design and management, training and consultancy specialising in visitor experience, public engagement, UK and international media and development.
Research and evaluation, project design and management, training and consultancy specialising in the following areas:
- Visitor experience: Evaluation of adult and children's formal and informal learning at museums, wildlife and visitor attractions. Gallery and activity design research and evaluation.
- Events: The evaluation of events and festivals based on public engagement and widening participation through delivering content that inspires, educates and entertains
- UK Media: Assessment of multimedia campaigns involving TV, radio, digital and non-broadcast with partners including schools, libraries, galleries, attractions and museums
- International Media: Measurement research of TV and radio audiences and programme development research and training
- International Development: Government and Non-Government development organisations to evaluate capacity building and communications programmes in conflict and crisis areas
Hugh has worked in research and evaluation for over 25 years. He is a Certified Member of the Market Research Society with a first degree in politics and an MPhil in Marketing and Business Management.
Hugh previously worked for Oxfam, the BBC and as Associate Director at Plus Four Market Research before setting up Hope-Stone Research with his partner, Nina Bell, in 2002.
He spends his non-working time cycling and bagging Monroes alongside more relaxed pursuits of bread making, theatre and festival going.