Agricultural research specialist.
25 years + market research experience in agriculture, agribusiness & the food supply chain.
- Specialist researcher in all aspects of agriculture, agribusiness and related markets. I offer full project management from preparation of research proposals to full project direction, management & research analysis.
- Research methods include online and desk research, focus groups, F2F depth interviews, CATI, online and F2F surveys.
Extensive research experience of the following sectors:
- farmers & growers
- non food land use and landowner activities
- agritech concept testing & solutions
- vets, animal health products and services
- agronomists, plant breeders
- agricultural distributors and merchants
- animal feed suppliers & nutritionists
- food processors, manufacturers and retailers
- land agents and auctioneers
- natural capital and environmental interests
- equine: commercial and leisure owners
From a family farming background, I have a BSc in Agriculture with Agricultural Economics and have worked in agricultural market & industry research for over 25 years.
I have experience of all aspects of agriculture, agribusiness and associated land based industries. I've managed and directed projects worldwide but am now 95% UK based. Sector experience includes:
- animal health & biotechnology
- precision farming technology and wider agritech in both livestock and crops
- animal feed & nutrition
- quality assurance and food supply chains
- primary food marketing
- farm machinery, equipment and spares
- natural capital
- small animal feed and vet products
- equestrian market research
Typical research projects include:
- industry analysis, new product development & positioning
- concept testing & analysis of distribution channels
- stakeholder surveys & research
- research of purchasing behaviour and trends
I set up Agrifocus following many years experience with larger scale agencies including Produce Studies and, latterly, Landell Mills where I was Research Director before leaving in 1995. Past member of the SE Wales Committee of the Country Land & Business Assoc (CLA), I am Past Chairman of the Monmouthshire Agricultural Society & sit on the board of Governors of Haberdashers Monmouth Schools.