ICG quiz night success!
Did you know that the ICG is the largest sole fund-raiser for the MRBA? Something that we should be justly proud of… and helped in no small part by fund raising events like the recent Quiz Night.
Organised by Reflections, we had 'golden ticket' treasure hunts, taste testing, a raffle as well as the normal quiz rounds. A total of 8 teams of 6 people took part – and in total we raised another £550.27 for the MRBA.
Excellently managed by our quiz master, the questions were a good mix of fiendish through to satisfyingly hard – and the rounds were supplemented by two 'table' rounds – one where we had to solve cryptic clues and another where we had to name the logo (surprisingly difficult!).
So here is a selection of some of the questions we had to contend with (answers at the bottom)…
- What was the nationality of Eugenio Monti, a bobsleigh driver who won11 world titles?
- Which country did Celine Dion represent in winning the Eurovision Song Contest in 1988?
- Who led the Galic tribes in tehri resistance to Julius Caesar's Roman legions?
- What was the first perforated UK postage stam issued in 1854?
- The velocipede was a nineteenth-century prototype of what?
- Which country will host the 2018 Ryder Cup?
- The UK has won the Eurovision Song Contest on five occassions – name the artists and songs
Drink was drunk, chocolate was consumed and the buffet was plentiful and tasty – an excellent and fun evening all round!
- Penny Red
- Sandie Shaw – Puppet on a String, Lulu – Boom Bang a Bang, Brotherhood of Man – Save all your kisses for me, Bucks Fizz – Making your mind up and Katrina and the Waves – Love shine a light