The ICG is for independent research consultants and micro-businesses working in market research. Members own or work in market research organisations of 3 or fewer full time employees.
For the membership year 1st April 2022 – 31st March 2023, our joining fees are £108+VAT (VAT is payable if you’re a UK resident) a year.
A discount is applicable every quarter (i.e. if you join July-Sept, you pay 3/4 of the fee, if you join Oct-Dec you pay half the fee, and if you join Jan-March you pay only 1/4 of the fee).
Note that the ICG makes an annual contribution to the MRBA.
Equality & diversity
The ICG Ltd is committed to treating all people equally and with respect, irrespective of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. We strive to continuously inform and educate our members to ensure we meet this commitment. For anything related to this, please contact Iris Griffiths, Diversity and Inclusion, on our Committee.
Benefits of membership
Work opportunities & discounts
- Access to project opportunities from clients and other ICG members.
- Free entry in the directory of members to promote your business.
- Range of member discounts from Suppliers and Event organisers.
- Promotion of the value of independents within the industry
- Celebrating independents through our annual MRS ICG Award for Independent Consultants.
Business development & advice
- Regular talks and free training webinars (accredited for MRS CPD points).
- Ongoing help and advice from your peers on research and business topics through the members’ forum.
- Monthly e-zine highlighting new thinking, knowledge and opinion pieces.
- Members’ survey.
Mutual support & camaraderie
- As well as practical help, our very active e-group gives members the chance to share a thought or discuss a burning issue, and keep in touch with how others feel on trends in market research.
- A great sense of camaraderie – a metaphorical water cooler for members often working alone.
- Opportunity to meet members at talks and social events, held in London and regionally.
Still need convincing?
To find out more before coming to a decision, please contact Phil Gray or visit one of our events as a non-member where you will be assured of a warm welcome.
You might also like to look at our new members’ welcome pack to see just how much the ICG offers.
If you wish to attend as a non-member contact our manager, Lucie Wernicke.
Our members say
We regularly receive unprompted feedback from our members about their membership experiences and they’re usually extremely positive!
This wonderful group kicked in again with an opportunity was offered within 20 minutes. Done and dusted !!! What an amazing resource this is.
I am very new to ICG and have already been bowled over by the responsiveness and helpfulness of members. What an amazing community this is. (I should have joined years ago!)
I know of no other organisation where the generosity of members and the breadth of knowledge and contacts is as abundant as the ICG. We belong to a great group! Thanks to you all.
The E-forum has nailed it again – what a great (and ultra-rapid for a Tuesday evening…) response to this request!
Many thanks to those who responded to my request about running Conflict Groups – frankly, it was brilliant!
How to join
Membership is open to individuals working in market research or related areas, either on a solo basis or in a micro-business that has no more than 3 employees.
If you would like to join, please complete the application form.
The annual subscription for 2022-2023 is £108.00 (+VAT for UK residents).
Subscription payments are non-refundable.
Renew your membership, update your directory profile and access private resources in the ICG Members’ Area.
Non-member mailing list
Non members can also benefit by signing up to our emails.
If you do not meet our membership criteria you can still receive our emails and attend many of our webinars and events.