Entries for the Award are now closed.
We received a bumper number of submissions this year. Watch this space (Autumn) for announcements as to who our four finalists are!
Do you run an independent research business? Would you like to showcase your experience and raise your profile in the industry? Why not enter the annual MRS/ICG Award for Independent Consultants?
Part of the annual MRS Excellence Awards, this annual award celebrates researchers who choose to work as micro-businesses. It is free to enter and is open to all independent researchers who are members of either the MRS or ICG and employ no more than three full time staff. It is designed to recognise the contribution of researchers working as independents and will be awarded to the researcher who demonstrates excellence in the delivery of research projects, development or application of novel research methods or contribution to a client’s business success.
The winner will be announced at the annual MRS awards party in December, attended by over 850 of our sector’s leaders and research buyers.
Here are some tips to help you catch the judges’ eyes:
- Think creatively about which subject to choose – the scope is wide and you should aim to demonstrate the depth and breadth of work that independents carry out. Ideas include, but are not limited to, case studies, original comment on technical or topical issues, thought pieces and developing best practice methodologies.
- Read the criteria carefully – it might seem obvious but don’t miss out because of a technicality.
- Don’t be swayed by papers submitted for other MRS categories – this is an opportunity for you as an independent to show how you’re different.
- Use clear language that’s easy to understand – the judges have a lot of content to work through.
- Think carefully about your 200-word summary – it’s an important part of your entry and likely to be the first thing the judges read.
- Give yourself plenty of time to plan, draft and edit your entry and to get permission from any clients or partners that are featured.
- Proof-read your submission carefully and get an overview from a trusted colleague as a second pair of eyes.
- Use the resources and inspiration on the ICG website to help you.
- If you have questions, just ask Arthur Fletcher or Dan Young
- Make sure you hit the closing date – 4pm 2nd July 2019.
MORE INFO AND APPLICATION FORM CAN BE FOUND HERE: https://mrsawards.intuitive-awards.co.uk/awards-entry/independent-consultants/