Open for entries 4th May – 5th July 2021
Have you got what it takes to shine? Share what you’ve been up to and let independent consultants reveal their value.
Open to any market research micro-business (3 employees or fewer). You must be an MRS and/or an ICG member (although you can join retrospectively after submission).
Free to enter. You have nothing to lose!
The 2021 Award is now OPEN FOR ENTRIES. Deadline for submissions is 5th July 2021
Do you run an independent research business? Would you like to showcase your experience and raise your profile in the industry? Why not enter the annual MRS/ICG Award for Independent Consultants?
Part of the annual MRS Excellence Awards, this annual award celebrates researchers who choose to work as micro-businesses. It is free to enter and is open to all independent researchers who are members of either the MRS or ICG and employ no more than three full time staff. It is designed to recognise the contribution of researchers working as independents and will be awarded to the researcher who demonstrates excellence in the delivery of research projects, development or application of novel research methods or contribution to a client’s business success.
Feel free to submit more than one application, and if you’ve entered in previous years, you can still enter again this year.
The four finalists will be announced in the Autumn and the winner will be announced in December.
We work hard to promote our four finalists to our members and contacts via our website, social media and webinar platforms. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by entering.
Here are some tips to help you catch the judges’ eyes:
- Think creatively about which subject to choose – the scope is wide and you should aim to demonstrate the depth and breadth of work that independents carry out. Ideas include, but are not limited to, case studies, original comment on technical or topical issues, thought pieces and developing best practice methodologies.
- Read the criteria carefully – it might seem obvious but don’t miss out because of a technicality.
- Don’t be swayed by papers submitted for other MRS categories – this is an opportunity for you as an independent to show how you’re different.
- Use clear language that’s easy to understand – the judges have a lot of content to work through.
- Think carefully about your 200-word summary – it’s an important part of your entry and likely to be the first thing the judges read.
- Give yourself plenty of time to plan, draft and edit your entry and to get permission from any clients or partners that are featured.
- Proof-read your submission carefully and get an overview from a trusted colleague as a second pair of eyes.
- Use the resources and inspiration on the ICG website to help you.
- If you have questions, just ask Arthur Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org or Matt Kirby email@example.com
- Make sure you hit the closing date – 5th July 2021.